I’ve been facilitating FastTracNYC since Bloomberg put it into place in 2009. It’s a free, intensive entrepreneurship education program for residents of NYC. The program is administered by Small Business Services (SBS) in conjunction with Kauffman and SUNY Levin Institute.
I wanted to take it one step further.
A small team of us pitched FastTrac® TechVenture™ to the city and ran a pilot program this January. Turns out, it was a hit.
FastTrac® TechVenture™ is designed to provide technology entrepreneurs with a proven framework and a network of connections to help grow big ideas into the next great innovation. It’s kind of like a boot camp made to set big tech ideas in motion.
The next one I facilitate starts April 16th.
Do you know if your idea is UnReasonably innovative? Tell us about it at MYBIGTECHIDEA.COM for a chance to attend the program. The application process and the program itself are free of charge, but you must be a NYC resident to apply.
Here is what you need to apply online:
- A well thought-out tech-based idea for a new business
- Two years of work experience, and preferably experience working on a tech project or project team
- Technical skills related to your tech concept
- Access to a computer to complete assignments
- Conducted some market research
- Commitment to attend all sessions (approximately 50 classroom hours) and complete prep work (approximately 15-20 hours per week)
Winners will be notified in April, so apply now.
If you’re selected, this is what you’re in for:
- Seven (7) full week days (9am – 4pm) of intensive curriculum with me to help determine the viability of your technology business, including all steps necessary to launch
- One-on-one assistance from experienced entrepreneurs who will help you review ideas, assignments, and business plan
- Interactive presentations from successful technology entrepreneurs
- The opportunity to formally present the executive overview section of your business plan for feedback
- Access to the connections you need like the NYC Small Business Solutions, for loan facilitation, legal and hiring assistance
Come join the growing alumni of New York City technology inventors. Learn more and apply now at MYBIGTECHIDEA.COM.